Monday, July 16, 2012

Hello All!

     This past week I went on a family vacation to Perdido Key in Florida.  About 10 minutes into the trip, we had a truck drop about 20 iron rods in front of us.  The rods were bouncing around the interstate as we tried to swerve and miss them.  Luckily no one was injured, however, our truck did manage to get a few scratches.  We ended up sitting on the side of the interstate for about an hour and a half waiting to file a police report.  It's hard in those kind of situations to see how lucky we were.  Somebody could have been injured or even killed.  In situations like that, just take a deep breath and look around at what you still have.  Find the good in every struggle, pain, or incident; there is good, you just have to look hard enough.  Along with this rough start to the vacation, came the good.   My family had a great time at the beach and we had beautiful weather, mostly.  Below I wanted to share some photographs I took early one morning as I watched the sunrise.  I had trouble sleeping one night and ended up waking up very early.  I went to the balcony to discover this beautiful setting.  These kind of photographs seem unreal because we don't realize how beautiful life is.  See, this very experience is a bad situation which led to a beautiful thing.  A terrible night of sleep led to me living in this beautiful moment!


Song of the day:  "Paradise" by Coldplay

Almost seems unreal. The beautiful light taking over this dark world.

Beautiful sunrise.

 The light meets the dark.


Happy birthday to my sister Shawna! We celebrated her birthday this past week in Florida!



No comments:

Post a Comment