Friday, July 6, 2012

Hello All!
       I was looking through folders with photographs I've taken over the past year and a few select images stood out to me.  Today I wanted to post some photographs I took of my grandparents this past December.  For the past two years I have taken photos of them during the holidays around their home.  At Christmas time, I help my grandmother frame the photographs for her to send off to her children and grandchildren.  This is just a small deed I can do that means so much to both my grandparents and the rest of the family.  The past couple of years have been tough for them; my grandfather battling and recovering from cancer, and just recently my grandmother has been sick, discovering she has diverticulitis.  These two people have lived an amazing life and have a lot to show for it.  They have three successful children and too many grandchildren to count.  They represent a life that we all want in some form.  When we get to the end of our lives, what do we want?  Do we want lots of stuff or do we want to be surrounded by people, people that love us?  I choose the second option.  It gets hard to do sometimes, but try and remember your purpose, and where you want to be at the end.  Don't get caught up in all the stuff that you see in the stores or on television.  The time you have on this Earth, put that time into people.  People will be the ones who have your back in tough times, not that $60,000 car.

Song of the day: "Frank D. Fixer" by Jason Mraz




      

No comments:

Post a Comment